It’s been a while since I’ve updated this place, I know. And for that I’m sorry. Life is always busy and there’s only so much my brain can hold on to before important stuff starts to leak out.
Anyway. We’re into the second half of the year now (blimey!). I’ve delivered both Benfro book five – The Obsidian Throne – and McLean book seven – Oh I wish I could find a title my publishers and I both like – so it’s time to hit the campaign trail, so to speak. Here’s a list of places I will be in the upcoming months. If you’re in the neighbourhood for any of them, do come along and say hi. I’m not scary, really. Just a bit scatterbrained.
Click on an event for more details:
- Saturday August 13th – Book Signing – Waterstones, Falkirk. 1pm to 3pm (or later if there isn’t a calving crisis on the farm).
- Tuesday August 16th – Future Books, Future Authors – Edinburgh International Book Festival, Garden Theatre. 5.45pm to 6.45pm. Signing and chat thereafter.
- Sunday 28th August – Uncovering Long-Hidden Secrets – With Gunnar Staalesen, Edinburgh International Book Festival, Garden Theatre. 5.45pm to 6.45pm. Signing and chat thereafter.
- Monday 28th August – Aberdeen Booked! Festival – With Gunnar Staalesen. ACT Centre, Aberdeen. 5.30pm to 6.30pm. Signing and chat thereafter.
- Friday 9th to Sunday 11th September – Bloody Scotland – mostly mooching about at the bar, but Sunday 11th, 11.45am to 12.45pm with Malcolm McKay and Craig Robertson.
- Friday September 23rd to Sunday September 25th – FantasyCon by the Sea, Scarborough – mostly mooching about at the bar. Possibly early copies of The Obsidian Throne to hand out to lucky people.
- Thursday October 6th – Mearns Library Crime Week, Laurencekirk – Details to follow.
- Friday November 18th to Sunday November 20th – Iceland Noir, Reykjavik – Details to follow
- Wednesday November 23rd – Largs Library – Details to follow
- Thursday November 24th – North Berwick/Dunbar – Details to follow
There are one or two other events where I might possibly put in an appearance, subject to farming and writing schedules. Keep checking back for updates.